'Henry IV, Part I,' Act II, Scene II
- Former Title(s):
Henry IV, Part I (one of twelve illustrations)
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (cropped to plate): 4 x 2 3/8 inches (10.2 x 6 cm) and Image: 2 11/16 x 1 7/8 inches (6.8 x 4.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "p.70"
Lettered, upper right: "1"; lower center: "Geh ich nur noch vier schritt weiter | zu Fuss, so muss ich platzen | Konig Heinrich der Vierte. | W. Shakespear's Schauspiele II. Aufz 2.r Auftr. | D. Chodowieki inv. et sc."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boots | cape | coat | hats | Henry IV, part I by William Shakespeare | hill | illustration | literary theme | men | obese | plays by William Shakespeare | stars | sticks | swords | walking
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Daniel Nikolaus Chodowieki, German, 1726–1801, German, 'Henry IV, Part I,' Act II, Scene II, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.