- Barbara Palmer (née Villiers) Countess of Castlemaine
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 16 11/16 × 13 1/16 inches (42.4 × 33.2 cm) and Image: 16 3/16 × 13 inches (41.1 × 33 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Dutchess of Cleaveland"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Peter Lely."; lettered, lower right: Engrav'd by Thpos. Watson."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cloak | clouds | earring | feathers | headdress | landscapes | mask | religious and mythological subject | spear | woman
- Associated People:
- Palmer (nee Villiers), Barbara (1640-1709), countess of Castlemaine and 1st Duchess of Cleveland
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Watson, 1743–1781, British, Barbara Palmer (née Villiers) Countess of Castlemaine, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.