IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Watson, 1743–1781, British, Barbara Palmer (née Villiers) Countess of Castlemaine, undated
Barbara Palmer (née Villiers) Countess of Castlemaine
- Additional Title(s):
Barbara Palmer, 1st Duchess of Cleveland
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Iconographie Anglaise par Reynolds et Autres
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 16 11/16 × 13 1/16 inches (42.4 × 33.2 cm), Image: 16 3/16 × 13 inches (41.1 × 33 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Dutchess of Cleaveland"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Peter Lely."; lettered, lower right: Engrav'd by Thpos. Watson."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cloak | clouds | earring | feathers | headdress | landscape | mask | religious and mythological subject | spear | woman
- Associated People:
- Palmer (nee Villiers), Barbara (1640-1709), countess of Castlemaine and 1st Duchess of Cleveland
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.