Barbara Palmer (née Villiers) Countess of Castlemaine
- Additional Title(s):
Barbara Palmer, 1st Duchess of Cleveland
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 16 11/16 × 13 1/16 inches (42.4 × 33.2 cm) and Image: 16 3/16 × 13 inches (41.1 × 33 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Dutchess of Cleaveland"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Peter Lely."; lettered, lower right: Engrav'd by Thpos. Watson."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cloak | clouds | earring | feathers | headdress | landscape | mask | religious and mythological subject | spear | woman
- Associated People:
- Palmer (nee Villiers), Barbara (1640-1709), countess of Castlemaine and 1st Duchess of Cleveland
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Watson, 1743–1781, British, Barbara Palmer (née Villiers) Countess of Castlemaine, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.