- Thomas Cranmer
- Line engraving on thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 11 15/16 × 7 5/16 inches (30.3 × 18.6 cm) and Image: 11 5/8 × 6 15/16 inches (29.5 × 17.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower left: "[...] 1782"
Lettered, lower left: "Adrn, vander Werff pinx."; lettered, lower right: "P.a Gunst Sculps."; lettered, lower center: "THOMAS CRAMMER | Iesus sans le briguer, prelat a savori; | La reformation sut mon oeuvre cherie | I'ensus le soustie sous Henri | Et la vietume sous Marie."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | cap | coat of arms | flames | frame (ornament area) | man | mitre | portrait | religious and mythological subject
- Associated People:
- Cranmer, Thomas (1489–1556), archbishop of Canterbury
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Pieter S. van der Gunst, 1659–c. 1724, Thomas Cranmer, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.