- William Davidson of Muirhouse
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 15 5/16 × 11 1/4 inches (38.9 × 28.6 cm), Plate: 14 7/8 × 10 7/8 inches (37.8 × 27.6 cm), and Image: 13 15/16 × 10 3/4 inches (35.4 × 27.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.2 P.97"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by I.Jones Engraver, Extraordinary, to His R.H. the Prince of Wales. | and Principal Engraver, to His R.H. the Duke of York."; lettered, lower center: "WILLIAM DAVIDSON ESQR. OF MUIRHOUSE. | Publish'd as the Act directs Feby. 1st. 1793, by I.Jones. No.75 Great Portland Street, Marylebone."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Jones, ca. 1745–1797, British, William Davidson of Muirhouse, 1793
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.