- Mr. Garrick in the Character of Kitely
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 16 9/16 × 12 5/16 inches (42.1 × 31.3 cm), Plate: 14 15/16 × 10 7/8 inches (37.9 × 27.6 cm), and Image: 13 7/16 × 10 7/8 inches (34.1 × 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.3 P.140"
Lettered, lower left: "J.Reynolds pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "J.Finlayson fect."; lettered, lower center: "Publish'd Feby 1st 1769 | Mr. GARRICK in the Character of KITELY; | Every Man in his Humour. Act 2, Scene 1st. | Sold by M:Parker, No.82 Cornhill, & M. Finlayson in Berwick Street Soho."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Garrick, David (1717–1779), actor and playwright
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Finlayson, 1730–1776, British, Mr. Garrick in the Character of Kitely, 1769
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.