Mr. Garrick in the Character of Kitely
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 16 9/16 × 12 5/16 inches (42.1 × 31.3 cm), Plate: 14 15/16 × 10 7/8 inches (37.9 × 27.6 cm), and Image: 13 7/16 × 10 7/8 inches (34.1 × 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.3 P.140"
Lettered, lower left: "J.Reynolds pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "J.Finlayson fect."; lettered, lower center: "Publish'd Feby 1st 1769 | Mr. GARRICK in the Character of KITELY; | Every Man in his Humour. Act 2, Scene 1st. | Sold by M:Parker, No.82 Cornhill, & M. Finlayson in Berwick Street Soho."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Garrick, David (1717–1779), actor and playwright
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Finlayson, 1730–1776, British, Mr. Garrick in the Character of Kitely, 1769
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.