- David Garrick Esq.
- Stipple engraving on moderately thick, slighlty textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 8 1/4 inches (27.3 × 21 cm), Plate: 7 × 4 1/2 inches (17.8 × 11.4 cm), and Image: 3 1/4 × 2 13/16 inches (8.3 × 7.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.3 P.140"
Lettered, lower center: "Engraved by Freeman | David Garric, Esqr. | from an Original Picture in the possession of John Taylor, Esqr. | painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds. | London Published by Vernoor, Hood & Sharpe, Poultry, June 1, 1807."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Garrick, David (1717–1779), actor and playwright
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Freeman, 1773–1857, British, David Garrick Esq, 1807
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.