- Head of a Young Girl turned toward the Left
- Crayon manner and stipple engraving, colored, heightened with gold on moderately thick, textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 16 3/16 x 11 5/8 inches (41.1 x 29.5 cm), Plate: 11 x 8 3/8 inches (28 x 21.3 cm), and Image: 9 5/8 x 7 9/16 inches (24.5 x 19.2 cm)
Inscribed graphite, on front, upper center: "9221"; in brown ink, on back, upper right: "(a doodle of a face)"; graphite, on back, lower right: "62.2"
Lettered, in black ink, lower left under image: "Le Clerc delin."; lower center under image: "I'Invention de celle nouvelle manierre de graver de d'Imprimer l'Or | a ete trouvee par Louis Martin et mise au jour le 16 Novembre .1774. | A Paris, chez Bonnet, rue S.t Jaques, au coin de celle de la Parchminerie, au Magazin Anglois."; lower right under image: "Bonnet excudit. | N.o 232"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnet | curls | dress | framing | French | gold | leaves | necklace | oval | portrait | profile | shawl | stripes | wheat
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Louis Marin Bonnet, 1736–1793, French, Head of a Young Girl turned toward the Left, 1774
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.