- Robert Haldane, Esq.
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 23 1/16 × 17 1/16 inches (58.6 × 43.3 cm), Plate: 19 13/16 × 13 13/16 inches (50.3 × 35.1 cm), and Image: 17 3/4 × 13 13/16 inches (45.1 × 35.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.3 P.152"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds."; lettered, lower center: "London, Published Novr. 1st, 1805, by C. Clint, Hind Court, Fleet Street. | ROBERT HALDANE ESQR. | of Gleneagles in the county of Perth, and Captain in the Service of the Honble. The East India Company. | From a Picture in the Possession of the right Honble. Lord Dundas."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- author | button | cane | captain (military officer) | cliff | cloud | coat | cravat | glove | man | portrait | religious and mythological subject | rock | theologian | vest | vine | water
- Associated People:
- Haldane, Robert (1764-1842), Scottish religious writer and theologian
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Clint, 1770–1854, British, Robert Haldane, Esq, 1805
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.