Lady Selina (née Shirley) Hastings, Countess of Huntington
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, blued white, laid paper
- 13 3/4 × 9 7/8 inches (34.9 × 25.1 cm) and 12 1/4 × 9 13/16 inches (31.1 × 24.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.3.P.165"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower left: "No.19790---"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower right: ".6"
Lettered, lower left: "J.Reynolds Pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "Chas. Spooner fect."; lettered, lower center: "Ladyt Selina Hastings. | Printed for JOHN BOWLES and SON, at the Black Horse in Cornhill London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- braids | dress | flowers | portrait | woman
- Associated People:
- Hastings, Selina [née Shirley], countess of Huntingdon (1707–1791), founder of the Countess of Huntingdon's Connexion
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Spooner, c.1720–1767, Irish, Lady Selina (née Shirley) Hastings, Countess of Huntington, 1759
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.