IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Charles Spooner, c.1720–1767, Irish, Lady Selina Hastings (née Shirley), Countess of Huntington, 1759
Lady Selina Hastings (née Shirley), Countess of Huntington
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Iconographie Anglaise par Reynolds et Autres
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 3/8 × 11 1/8 inches (39.1 × 28.3 cm), Plate: 13 7/8 × 9 7/8 inches (35.2 × 25.1 cm), Image: 12 1/4 × 9 13/16 inches (31.1 × 24.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.3 P.165"
Lettered, lower left: "J.Reynolds pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "c. Spooner fecit."; lettered, lower center: "Lady Selina Hastings. | Printed for Robt. Sayer, Printseller, at the Golden Buck near Serjeants Inn Fleet Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- braids | flowers | portrait | woman
- Associated People:
- Hastings, Selina [née Shirley], countess of Huntingdon (1707–1791), founder of the Countess of Huntingdon's Connexion
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.