Lady Selina Hastings (née Shirley), Countess of Huntington
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 15 3/8 × 11 1/8 inches (39.1 × 28.3 cm), Plate: 13 7/8 × 9 7/8 inches (35.2 × 25.1 cm), and Image: 12 1/4 × 9 13/16 inches (31.1 × 24.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.3 P.165"
Lettered, lower left: "J.Reynolds pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "c. Spooner fecit."; lettered, lower center: "Lady Selina Hastings. | Printed for Robt. Sayer, Printseller, at the Golden Buck near Serjeants Inn Fleet Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- braids | flowers | portrait | woman
- Associated People:
- Hastings [née Shirley], Selina, countess of Huntingdon (1707–1791), founder of the Countess of Huntingdon's Connexion
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Spooner, c.1720–1767, Irish, Lady Selina Hastings (née Shirley), Countess of Huntington, 1759
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.