- Additional Title(s):
Henry Herbert, 2nd Earl of Carnarvon, as the young Bacchus
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 23 3/4 × 17 3/4 inches (60.3 × 45.1 cm), Plate: 19 7/8 × 13 13/16 inches (50.5 × 35.1 cm), and Image: 18 1/4 × 13 3/4 inches (46.4 × 34.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.3.P.170"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sr. Joshua Reynolds"; lettered, lower center: "Master Herbert | Bacchus. | Published Novr. 15th.1776 by John Boydell Engraver in Cheapside London."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved bly J.R.Smith."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- (story of) Bacchus (Dionysus), Liber | animal art | basket | boy | curls | god | grapes | grapes | infant | leopard | light | nude | portrait | religious and mythological subject | rock | staff | tree | vine
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.