Benjamin Hoadly, Bishop of Winchester
- Part Of:
- Etching and engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 12 15/16 × 8 1/4 inches (32.9 × 21 cm) and Image: 12 1/16 × 7 5/16 inches (30.6 × 18.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.2 P.171"
Lettered, lower center: "BEN.HOADLY, D.D. | Bishop of Winchester, | Aged LXXX. | Drawn by NHone, after a Wax Model by Mr.Gosset, done in the Year 1756 and Engrav'd by James Basire 1771."; lettered, upper center: "Veritas et Patria."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bishop (prelate) | frame (ornament area) | inscription | man | pedestal | portrait | profile | religious and mythological subject | tippet | wig
- Associated People:
- Hoadly, Benjamin (1676–1761), bishop of Winchester
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Basire, 1769–1822, British, Benjamin Hoadly, Bishop of Winchester, 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.