- Part Of:
- ca. 1844
- Line engraving; engraver's proof, touched on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R. 643 (a)"; center left: "The Woman's red Petticoat lighter. The Work is rather too ragged- Make the whole figure much lighter then we can make up the best lines. The House is somewhat the sam, but do not take away so much. The fishing net is too close in the Mesh which makes it look like Sail- What can you do with it?"; lower left: "Folkstone Proof- touched and written on by Turner."
Collector's mark: "W.G.R"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- church | landscape (representation) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- England | English Channel | Folkestone | Kent | Parish Church of St. Mary and St. Eanswythe
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Cousen, 1804–1880, British, Folkestone, ca. 1844
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.