The Thames at Mortlake
- Part Of:
- 1836 to 1838
- Line engraving; engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R. 644 (b) 1"; lower left: "The Thames at Mortlake"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered below image, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lower right: "W.J. Cooke [...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Greater London | Mortlake | Richmond | Thames
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William John Cooke, 1797–1865, Irish, The Thames at Mortlake, 1836 to 1838
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.