The Thames at Mortlake
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving; engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R. 644 (b) 3"; lower left: "The Thames at Mortlake (Book of Gems)"; lower right: "Earliest finished state | with added flowers in left foreground corner"
Lettered below image, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner R.A"; lower right: "W.J. Cooke"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Greater London | Mortlake | Richmond | Thames
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William John Cooke, 1797–1865, Irish, The Thames at Mortlake, 1836-1838
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.