- St. Martin's Church
- between 1731 and 1754
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 19 5/16 x 14 3/4 inches (49 x 37.5 cm), Plate: 18 3/8 x 13 7/16 inches (46.6 x 34.2 cm), and Image: 17 1/2 x 13 1/16 inches (44.5 x 33.1 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, on back, lower left: "Pag 18"
Lettered in black ink, within image, in banner, upper center: "ST. MARTINS CHURCH"; within image, lower right, within scroll and plan: "A Plan | of the | Church | of | St. Martin. | A Scale of Feet"; lower center: "L'Eglise de St. Martin."; lower right: "Sold by John Bowles at the black Horse in Cornhill."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural drawing | architectural subject | architecture | banners | buildings | children | church | city | cityscape | clocks | clouds | coat of arms | coats | columns (architectural elements) | costume | crest | cross (object) | dresses | games | genre subject | hats | illustration | layout | men | pillars | plan (drawing) | railings | ruler (guiding tool) | running | scroll (motif) | square | stairs | steeple | Survey of London, 1598 | terrace | urns | windows | women
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | Greater London | London | St Martin-in-the-Fields | Trafalgar Square | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- Stow, John (1524/5–1605), historian
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, St. Martin's Church, between 1731 and 1754
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.