- George Elphinstone, 1st Viscount Keith
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 27 13/16 × 19 3/16 inches (70.6 × 48.7 cm) and Image: 25 9/16 × 19 inches (64.9 × 48.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.4 P.192"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by H.P.Danloux."; lettered, lower center: "This Plate of The Hon Sir Geo Keith Elphinstone KB now | RIGHT HON. LORD KEITH, | On the 7th of Augt.1795 at the ATTACK made upon the PASS of MUYSENBURGH, at the CAPE of GOOD HOPE, is by Permission | most humbly Dedicated to THE HON EAST INDIA COMPANY by their obedient Servant | H.P.Danloux | London, Published Feby 9th 1801, by H.P.Danloux No.11 Charles Street Middlesex Hospital "; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by S.W.Reynolds."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel William Reynolds, 1773–1835, British, George Elphinstone, 1st Viscount Keith, 1801
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.