- John Philip Kemble, as Richard III
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 12 5/8 × 9 1/4 inches (32.1 × 23.5 cm) and Image: 10 3/8 × 7 7/8 inches (26.4 × 20 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.4 P.193"
lettered, lower left: "Gabriel Stuart pinxit"; lettered, lower center: "MR. KEMBLE, in the Character of KING RICHARD the THIRD."; lettered, lower right: "G.Keating, Sculpsit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Keating, 1762–1842, Irish, John Philip Kemble, as Richard III, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.