One of Eleven Designs for Houses and Shops
- Part Of:
- ca. 1800
- Graphite, pen and black ink and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 21 3/16 x 16 1/4 inches (53.8 x 41.3 cm), Image: 17 9/16 x 12 5/8 inches (44.6 x 32 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "AD. 163"; in pen and black ink, lower center, bar scale labeled: "5", "10", "10", "15", "20 feet'; inscribed on mount, lower center: "ANONYMOUS: 1 OF 11 DESIGNS FOR HOUSES AND SHOPS"; inscribed on verso, lower left: "ANONYMOUS: | 1 OF 11 DESIGNS FOR HOUSES AND SHOPS"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | building | design | doors | elevation (drawing) | facade | floor plan | house | lunettes | pediment | scale (rule) | site plan | steps | windows
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, One of Eleven Designs for Houses and Shops, ca. 1800
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.