- One of Eleven Designs for Houses and Shops
- ca. 1800
- Graphite, pen and black ink, gouache and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 7/16 x 15 11/16 inches (46.9 x 39.8 cm) and Image: 15 3/16 x 12 1/4 inches (38.6 x 31.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "AD. 169"; inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "5", "10", "10", "20", "30", "40 Feet"; inscribed on mount, lower center: "ANONYMOUS: 1 OF 11 DESIGNS FOR HOUSES AND SHOPS"; inscribed on verso of mount, lower left: "ANONYMOUS: | 1 OF 11 DESIGNS FOR HOUSES AND SHOPS"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | building | design | doors | elevation (drawing) | facade | floor plan | house | lunettes | scale (rule) | site plan | windows
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, One of Eleven Designs for Houses and Shops, ca. 1800
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.