IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown artist, One of Eleven Designs for Houses and Shops, ca. 1800
One of Eleven Designs for Houses and Shops
- Additional Title(s):
Eleven Designs for Houses and Shops
- ca. 1800
- Graphite, pen and black ink, gouache and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 7/16 x 15 11/16 inches (46.9 x 39.8 cm), Image: 15 3/16 x 12 1/4 inches (38.6 x 31.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "AD. 169"; inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "5", "10", "10", "20", "30", "40 Feet"; inscribed on mount, lower center: "ANONYMOUS: 1 OF 11 DESIGNS FOR HOUSES AND SHOPS"; inscribed on verso of mount, lower left: "ANONYMOUS: | 1 OF 11 DESIGNS FOR HOUSES AND SHOPS"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | building | design | doors | elevation (drawing) | facade | floor plan | house | lunettes | scale (rule) | site plan | windows
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.