- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 16 3/8 × 11 7/8 inches (41.6 × 30.2 cm), Image: 14 7/8 × 11 7/8 inches (37.8 × 30.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.4 P.201"
Letterd, lower left: "Van Dyke pinxit"; lettered, lower right: "James Watson Sculpsit."; lettered, lower center: "ARCHBISHOP LAUD. | In the Drawing Room at Houghton. | Size of the picture 3F, 1 3/8I by 4F OI high. | Published May 1st.1779 by John Boydell Engraver in Cheapside London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- archbishop | cap | collar | curtain | Episcopal | man | mustache | plinth | portrait | religious and mythological subject | robe | trenchers (mortarboards)
- Associated People:
- Laud, William (1573–1645), archbishop of Canterbury
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.