Cave of the Golden Calf: Studies of a Woman in a Coat and Hat
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Cave of the Golden Calf, Study of Cabaret Club
- Part Of:
- Graphite, colored pencil and crayon on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 x 10 3/4 inches (30.5 x 27.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "white | blue"; center right: "red blue | blue"; lower left: "h (encircled)"; lower right: "37"; in black ink, on back, lower left to lower right: "1(4) [Ea ... ] in the Stratton Galley No.4. verso. this side scheme for cabaret club."; in graphite, on back, lower right: "cab.2"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Frederick Gore
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cabaret | coat | design | figure study | figures (representations) | hat | nightclub | study (visual work) | theater design | women
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | Europe | London | The Cave of the Golden Calf | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Spencer Frederick Gore, 1878–1914, British, Cave of the Golden Calf: Studies of a Woman in a Coat and Hat, 1912
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.