Cave of the Golden Calf: Studies of a Woman in a Coat and Hat
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Cave of the Golden Calf, Study of Cabaret Club
- Part Of:
- Graphite, colored pencil and crayon on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- 12 x 10 3/4 inches (30.5 x 27.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "white | blue"; center right: "red blue | blue"; lower left: "h (encircled)"; lower right: "37"; in black ink, on back, lower left to lower right: "1(4) [Ea ... ] in the Stratton Galley No.4. verso. this side scheme for cabaret club."; in graphite, on back, lower right: "cab.2"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Frederick Gore
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cabaret | coat | design | figure study | figures (representations) | hat | nightclub | study (visual work) | theater design | women
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | Europe | London | The Cave of the Golden Calf | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Spencer Frederick Gore, 1878–1914, British, Cave of the Golden Calf: Studies of a Woman in a Coat and Hat, 1912
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.