Original Drawing over his Photograph for "Cave of the Golden Calf"
- ca. 1912
- Black wash and red pencil on photograph on moderately thick, smooth, cream card
- 3 7/16 x 5 7/16 inches (8.8 x 13.8 cm) and 2 1/2 x 3 9/16 inches (6.4 x 9.1 cm)
Lettered, center, with red pencil inscribed over lettering: "CAVE OF THE CALF"; lettered on back, upper center: "POST CARD (information about postage follows)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Frederick Gore
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | calf | cave | cow | horns | photograph | relief
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Eric Gill, 1882–1940, British, Original Drawing over his Photograph for "Cave of the Golden Calf", ca. 1912
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.