Original Drawing over his Photograph for "Cave of the Golden Calf"
- ca. 1912
- Black wash and red pencil over photograph on photograph mounted on moderately thick, smooth, cream card
- Mount (postcard): 3 7/16 x 5 7/16 inches (8.8 x 13.8 cm) and Sheet (photograph): 2 1/2 x 3 9/16 inches (6.4 x 9.1 cm)
Lettered, center, with red pencil inscribed over lettering: "CAVE OF THE CALF"; lettered on back, upper center: "POST CARD (information about postage follows)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Frederick Gore
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | calf | cave | cow | horns | photograph | relief
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Eric Gill, 1882–1940, British, Original Drawing over his Photograph for "Cave of the Golden Calf", ca. 1912
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.