- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- 15 × 10 1/2 inches (38.1 × 26.7 cm), 14 × 9 15/16 inches (35.6 × 25.2 cm), and 12 3/16 × 9 15/16 inches (31 × 25.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Thos. Leland D.D."; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.4 P.209"
Lettered, lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds Pinxit."; lettered, lower right: "John Dean fecit"; lettered lower center: "Published March the 20th 1777 by Jn. Dean | Church Street Soho"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- author | cravat | historian | literary theme | man | portrait | priest | religious and mythological subject | robe | vicar | wig
- Associated People:
- Leland, Thomas (1722–1785), Irish historian, translator, academic, author. priest, and vicar
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.