Reverend Michael Lort
- Part Of:
- Stipple engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- 10 5/8 × 8 1/8 inches (27 × 20.6 cm), 8 3/16 × 5 3/4 inches (20.8 × 14.6 cm), and 4 5/16 × 3 13/16 inches (11 × 9.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.4 P.213"
Lettered, lower center: "Pub.May 1st 1815 by G.P. Harding | THE REVd. MICHAEL LORT, D.D. F.R.S. & A.S. | from a Picture by Sr.J.Reynolds."; lettered, lower left: "G.P.Harding deln."; lettered, lower right: "James Stow sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- antiquary | button | chaplain | clergyman | cloud | coat | collar | drapery | portrait | professor | religious and mythological subject | reverend | wig
- Associated People:
- Lort, Michael (1725–1790), Welsh clergyman, academic, and antiquary
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Stow, ca. 1770–after 1820, British, Reverend Michael Lort, 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.