Ancient Carthage - The Embarcation of Regulus
- Etching and line engraving; engraver's proof on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with cream chine-collé
- Sheet: 25 1/8 × 31 1/8 inches (63.8 × 79.1 cm), Plate: 20 7/8 × 26 3/8 inches (53 × 67 cm), Chine collé: 20 1/8 × 25 7/8 inches (51.1 × 65.7 cm), and Image: 15 3/8 × 22 5/8 inches (39.1 × 57.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.649"; lower left: "Engraver's Proof before Pub Line &c"; lower center: "Ancient Carthage - The Embarcation fo Regulus"
Lettered below image: "Painted by J.M.W. Turner R.A. | Engraved by Daniel Wlson, 1840"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Carthage | Tunisia
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Daniel Wilson, 1816–1892, Ancient Carthage - The Embarcation of Regulus, 1840
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.