Reverend William Lort Mansel, Lord Bishop of Bristol
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 19 15/16 × 13 7/8 inches (50.6 × 35.2 cm), Image: 18 1/16 × 13 3/4 inches (45.9 × 34.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.4 P.224"
Lettered, lower center: "THE RT. REVD. WM. LORT MANSEL, D.D. LORD BISHOP of BRISTOL. | And Master of Trinity College in the University of Cambridge | Published May 1, 1812. by R.Harraden & Son, Cambridge. | Publishers of a History of the University & Town of Cambridge, Illustrated with 36 Views of Colleges, Halls, Public Buildings, &c.&c. forming an elegant Q. to Vol. Price 4.4.0."; lettered, lower left: "Painted by T.Kirkby, Esqr."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W.Say Engraver to H.R.H. the Duke of Gloucester, 92 Norton Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armchair | bishops (prelates) | cap | clergyman | drapery | hill | man | portrait | priest | religious and mythological subject | robe | scroll | tassel | tree | vicar | wig | window
- Associated People:
- Mansel, William Lort (1753–1820), English churchman and Cambridge fellow
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Say, 1768–1834, British, Reverend William Lort Mansel, Lord Bishop of Bristol, 1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.