- Charles Spencer, 3rd Duke of Marlborough
- Mezzotint on medum, moderately textuerd, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 13 × 8 7/8 inches (33 × 22.5 cm) and Image: 10 13/16 × 8 7/8 inches (27.5 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.4 P.228"
Lettered, lower center: "His Grace Charles Spencer, Duke of Marlborough, | Master General of the Ordinance, General in Chief of His Majesty's Foot Forces, | Knight of ye most Noble Order of ye Garter, & one of his Majties. most honble. Privy Council &c. | Done from a Picture in the Possession of the Rt. Hon. the Earl of Pembroke; whom this plate is, | most humbly Inscribed by HIs most Dutiful and Obedient Servant. Richd: Houston."; lettered, lower left: "J.Reynolds Pinxt.1758 | sold by R.Houston Charing Cross."; lettered, lower right: "R.Houston Fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Richard Houston, ca. 1721–1775, British, Charles Spencer, 3rd Duke of Marlborough, 1758
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.