IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Robert Brandard, 1805–1862, British, Crossing the Brook, 1838
Crossing the Brook
- Etching; open etched state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 22 1/2 × 17 1/4 inches (57.2 × 43.8 cm), Image: 15 3/4 × 15 inches (40 × 38.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "656"
Lettered below image: "J.M.W.Turner RA. | R. Brandard 1838"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | landscape (representation)
- Associated Places:
- Devon | England | Tamar | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.