Print made by Robert Brandard, 1805–1862, British, Crossing the Brook, 1838
Crossing the Brook
- Etching; open etched state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 22 1/2 × 17 1/4 inches (57.2 × 43.8 cm) and Image: 15 3/4 × 15 inches (40 × 38.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "656"
Lettered below image: "J.M.W.Turner RA. | R. Brandard 1838"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | landscape (representation)
- Associated Places:
- Devon | England | Tamar | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.