- Barbara Villiers Countess of Castlemaine
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 20 × 15 1/8 inches (50.8 × 38.4 cm), Plate: 18 × 13 1/16 inches (45.7 × 33.2 cm), and Image: 16 3/16 × 13 1/16 inches (41.1 × 33.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Duchess of Richmond"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Peter Lely. | VI"; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by Thos. Watson."; lettered, lower center: "Publish'd Jany. 1st.1779, for W:Shropshire, No.158, &T:Watson, No.142, New Bond Street, London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Watson, 1743–1781, British, Barbara Villiers Countess of Castlemaine, 1779
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.