- Traveling in France -or, -Le départ de la diligence
- Etching and stipple engraving, hand-colored on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/4 x 17 5/8 inches (29.9 x 44.7 cm), Plate: 9 13/16 x 13 7/8 inches (25 x 35.3 cm), and Image: 8 7/16 x 12 15/16 inches (21.5 x 32.8 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Etched by G Cruikchank"; lower center: "Traveling in France _ or, _ Le depart dela diligence ____"; lower right: "Pub.d Oct.r 19th 1818 by G Humphrey 27 St James's Street"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnets | caricature | carriage | dog (animal) | gazing | genre subject | gesturing | horses (animals) | illustration | men | nobility | peasants | road | satire | shouting | soldiers | street | travel | travelers | trees | women
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cruikshank, 1792–1878, British, Traveling in France -or, -Le départ de la diligence, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.