IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by George Cruikshank, 1792–1878, British, Traveling in France -or, -Le départ de la diligence, 1818
Traveling in France -or, -Le départ de la diligence
- Etching and stipple engraving, hand-colored on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/4 x 17 5/8 inches (29.9 x 44.7 cm), Plate: 9 13/16 x 13 7/8 inches (25 x 35.3 cm), Image: 8 7/16 x 12 15/16 inches (21.5 x 32.8 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Etched by G Cruikchank"; lower center: "Traveling in France _ or, _ Le depart dela diligence ____"; lower right: "Pub.d Oct.r 19th 1818 by G Humphrey 27 St James's Street"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnets | caricature | carriage | dog (animal) | gazing | genre subject | gesturing | horses (animals) | illustration | men | nobility | peasants | road | satire | shouting | soldiers | street | travel | travelers | trees | women
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
British Comic Art 1730 - 1830 (Museum of Art and Archaelogy, University of Missouri-Columbia, 1988-10-14 - 1988-12-04) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.