- Etching and line engraving; engraver's proof (b) on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper with cream chine-collé
- Sheet: 23 3/4 × 34 1/2 inches (60.3 × 87.6 cm), Plate: 14 × 17 3/8 inches (35.6 × 44.1 cm), Chine collé: 13 1/2 × 16 3/4 inches (34.3 × 42.5 cm), and Image: 11 1/8 × 15 1/4 inches (28.3 × 38.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.662(b)"; lower left: "Engraver's Proof"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "S.Q.M.S. Esq."
Lettered below image: "J.M.W.Turner R.A. | John Pye, London 1845"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | church | cityscape | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Basilica of St. Castor | Ehrenbreitstein, Feste | Germany | Koblenz | Mosel | Philippsburg Castle | Rheinland-Pfalz
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Pye, 1782–1874, British, Ehrenbreitstein, 1845
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.