IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Scriven, 1775–1841, British, Reverend. William Mason, 1813
Reverend. William Mason
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Iconographie Anglaise par Reynolds et Autres
- Stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/4 × 12 11/16 inches (38.7 × 32.2 cm), Plate: 15 × 12 7/16 inches (38.1 × 31.6 cm), Image: 8 3/8 × 7 inches (21.3 × 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.4 P.231"
Lettered, lower center: "THE REV: WILLIAM MASON, M.A. | From an original Picture by SIR JOSHUA REYNOLDS, at Pembroke Hall, Cambridge. | Drawn by J.Jackson, Engraved by E.Scriven. | PUBLISHED FEB.6,1813,BY T.CADELL & W.DAVIES,STRAND,LONDON."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- biographer | button | chaplain | clergyman | coat | cravat | designer | gardener | holding | man | poet | portrait | religious and mythological subject | reverend | scroll | vest | wig
- Associated People:
- Mason, William (1725–1797), religious official, poet and garden designer
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.