Reverend. William Mason
- Part Of:
- Stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/4 × 12 11/16 inches (38.7 × 32.2 cm), Plate: 15 × 12 7/16 inches (38.1 × 31.6 cm), and Image: 8 3/8 × 7 inches (21.3 × 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.4 P.231"
Lettered, lower center: "THE REV: WILLIAM MASON, M.A. | From an original Picture by SIR JOSHUA REYNOLDS, at Pembroke Hall, Cambridge. | Drawn by J.Jackson, Engraved by E.Scriven. | PUBLISHED FEB.6,1813,BY T.CADELL & W.DAVIES,STRAND,LONDON."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- biographer | button | chaplain | clergyman | coat | cravat | designer | gardener | holding | man | poet | portrait | religious and mythological subject | reverend | scroll | vest | wig
- Associated People:
- Mason, William (1725–1797), religious official, poet and garden designer
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Scriven, 1775–1841, British, Reverend. William Mason, 1813
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.