- Reverend. William Mason
- Stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/4 × 12 11/16 inches (38.7 × 32.2 cm), Plate: 15 × 12 7/16 inches (38.1 × 31.6 cm), and Image: 8 3/8 × 7 inches (21.3 × 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.4 P.231"
Lettered, lower center: "THE REV: WILLIAM MASON, M.A. | From an original Picture by SIR JOSHUA REYNOLDS, at Pembroke Hall, Cambridge. | Drawn by J.Jackson, Engraved by E.Scriven. | PUBLISHED FEB.6,1813,BY T.CADELL & W.DAVIES,STRAND,LONDON."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- biographer | button | chaplain | clergyman | coat | cravat | designer | gardener | holding | man | poet | portrait | religious and mythological subject | reverend | scroll | vest | wig
- Associated People:
- Mason, William (1725–1797), religious official, poet and garden designer
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Scriven, 1775–1841, British, Reverend. William Mason, 1813
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.