- Henry Dundas, 1st Viscount Melville
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 26 1/4 × 15 7/8 inches (66.7 × 40.3 cm) and Image: 24 5/8 × 15 7/8 inches (62.5 × 40.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.4 P.236"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Mr. Reaburn. | Published Novr.20th.1806, by D.Hatton, 56 Princes Street, Edinburgh."; lettered, lower center: "HENRY LORD VISCOUNT MELVILLE. | BARON DUNIRA, LORD PRIVY SEAL for SCOTLAND, GOVERNOR of the BANK of SCOTLAND, &c.&c | Dedicated (by permission) to the Right Honorable the Earl of Hopetown. | by His Lordships most obedient humble servant David Hatton."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by G.Dawe."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Dawe, 1781–1829, British, Henry Dundas, 1st Viscount Melville, 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.