- Isabella Molyneux (née Stanhope), Countess of Sefton
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 15 3/8 × 10 15/16 inches (39.1 × 27.8 cm) and Image: 13 5/16 × 10 7/8 inches (33.8 × 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.5.P.240"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "afterwards Lady [Sefton]"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, lower left: "N17322"
Lettered, lower left: "Sr. Joshua Reynolds pinxt."; lettered, lower center: "The Right Honble. Lady Molineux. | Publish'd according to Act of Parliament Novr. 20th, 1770, & Sold by Jas. WATSON, Queen Ann Street near Titchfield Street, Oxford Bond, &B.CLOWES, No.18 Gutter Lane Cheapside, LONDON.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Watson, 1740–1790, British, Isabella Molyneux (née Stanhope), Countess of Sefton, 1770
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.