IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Robert Brandard, 1805–1862, British, The Rhine - Neuwied and Weissenthurm, 1838-1852
The Rhine - Neuwied and Weissenthurm
- Line engraving, engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Engraver's Proof, mostly completed, sky and plate generally lighter in effect than afterwards."
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered below the image, lower center: "Etch'ed by Robert Brandard from a drawing by J.M.W. Turner R.A. 1852"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (environment) | river
- Associated Places:
- Germany | Neuwied | Rhine | Weissenthurm
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.