IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by James T. Willmore, 1800–1863, British, Farne Island - Shipwreck, 1853-1874
Farne Island - Shipwreck
- Line engraving; engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Farne | Holy Island. Engraved by Willmore for [...] Halsbad, under the superintendence of Mr. Ruskin, who touched the proof— very few impressions were taken"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | island | marine art | sea
- Associated Places:
- Bamburgh | Bamburgh Castle | England | Farne Islands | North Sea | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.