IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Bridge and Cows, 1807
Bridge and Cows
- Part Of:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink Engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 3/8 × 11 3/8 inches (21.3 × 28.9 cm), Image: 7 1/8 × 10 3/8 inches (18.1 × 26.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "2"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "proof"
Collector's mark: "C" (circled)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | cow | house | landscape | peasant | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.