Bridge and Cows
- Part Of:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink Engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 8 3/8 × 11 3/8 inches (21.3 × 28.9 cm) and Image: 7 1/8 × 10 3/8 inches (18.1 × 26.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "2"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "proof"
Collector's mark: "C" (circled)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | cow | house | landscape | peasant | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Bridge and Cows, 1807
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.