- Flint Castle, Vessels Unloading
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink First published state on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 × 17 1/4 inches (29.5 × 43.8 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 × 11 3/8 inches (21 × 28.9 cm), and Image: 7 1/4 × 10 1/8 inches (18.4 × 25.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "4"; lower right: "1st State | [...]"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "1st state"
Blind embossed: JMW Turner Sale (Lugt 1498); collector's mark: "C" (circled)
Lettered above image: "M"; below image: "Drawn & Etched by J.M.W.Turner, R.A. | Engraved by C.Turner | Published as the Act directs by J.M.W.Turner Harley Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | castle | coast | horses (animals) | sailboat | sea
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Flint Castle, Vessels Unloading, 1807
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.