- Part Of:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink First published state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 11 3/8 × 17 inches (28.9 × 43.2 cm), 8 1/8 × 11 3/8 inches (20.7 × 28.9 cm), and 7 1/8 × 10 1/8 inches (18.1 × 25.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "6.I"; in brown ink, lower right: "102"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "6.I"; lower center: "Cotswold Gallery 1924. ex G.E.Blood, Earl of Gosford."; lower right: "Earl of Gosford"
Blind embossed: JMW Turner Sale (Lugt 1498); blind embossed: "G.E. Blood" (Lugt 265c)
Lettered above image: "H"; below image: "Drawn & Etched by J.M.W.Turner R.A. | Engraved by C.Turner | JASON. | Published as the Act directs by J.M.W.Turner Harley Street"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | branches | cave | hunt | religious and mythological subject | roots | serpent | skeleton | trees
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Unto This Last (WattsGallery) (Watts Gallery Trust, 2020-03-10 - 2020-11-01) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Translations - Turner and Printmaking (Yale Center for British Art, 1993-09-29 - 1993-12-05) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Turner and the Sublime (British Museum, 1981-05-15 - 1981-09-20) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Turner and the Sublime (Yale Center for British Art, 1981-02-11 - 1981-04-19) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Turner and the Sublime (Art Gallery of Ontario, 1980-11-01 - 1981-01-04) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]