- Part Of:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink First published state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 3/8 × 17 inches (28.9 × 43.2 cm), Plate: 8 1/8 × 11 3/8 inches (20.7 × 28.9 cm), and Image: 7 1/8 × 10 1/8 inches (18.1 × 25.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "6.I"; in brown ink, lower right: "102"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "6.I"; lower center: "Cotswold Gallery 1924. ex G.E.Blood, Earl of Gosford."; lower right: "Earl of Gosford"
Blind embossed: JMW Turner Sale (Lugt 1498); blind embossed: "G.E. Blood" (Lugt 265c)
Lettered above image: "H"; below image: "Drawn & Etched by J.M.W.Turner R.A. | Engraved by C.Turner | JASON. | Published as the Act directs by J.M.W.Turner Harley Street"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | branches | cave | hunt | religious and mythological subject | roots | serpent | skeleton | trees
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Jason, 1807
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.