Bridge over River
- Materials & Techniques:
- Wood-engraving; annotated proof on medium, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/8 x 5 3/8 inches (20.6 x 13.7 cm), Image: 3 15/16 x 3 9/16 inches (10 x 9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "(trees and clouds circled with two arrows) a triffle too heavy"; on back, upper right: "Page 141"
Signed in graphite, upper right: "R.G."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Daniel Bell.
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | birds | bridge (built work) | bushes | clouds | ducks | landscape | reeds | river | riverbank | stones | tree
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Robert John Gibbings, 1889–1958, British, Bridge over River, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.