Bridge over River
- Wood-engraving on medium, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/8 x 5 3/8 inches (20.6 x 13.7 cm) and Image: 3 15/16 x 3 9/16 inches (10 x 9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "(trees and clouds circled with two arrows) a triffle too heavy"; on back, upper right: "Page 141"
Signed in graphite, upper right: "R.G."; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Daniel Bell.
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | birds | bridge (built work) | bushes | clouds | ducks | landscape | reeds | river | riverbank | stones | tree
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Robert John Gibbings, 1889–1958, British, Bridge over River, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.