- Mt. St. Gothard
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink Engraver's proof (a) on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 × 12 inches (21.9 × 30.5 cm), Plate: 8 × 11 1/2 inches (20.3 × 29.2 cm), and Image: 7 × 10 3/8 inches (17.8 × 26.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left; "B"; inscribed on verso in brown ink, lower right: "Mary Constance Clarke"
Collector's mark: owl?
Scratched lettering below image: "Mt. St. Gothard"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal | cliffs | mountains | rocks (landforms) | snow
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Mt. St. Gothard, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.