Mt. St. Gothard
- Part Of:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink Engraver's proof (a) on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 × 12 inches (21.9 × 30.5 cm), Plate: 8 × 11 1/2 inches (20.3 × 29.2 cm), and Image: 7 × 10 3/8 inches (17.8 × 26.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left; "B"; inscribed on verso in brown ink, lower right: "Mary Constance Clarke"
Collector's mark: owl?
Scratched lettering below image: "Mt. St. Gothard"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal | cliffs | mountains | rocks (landforms) | snow
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Mt. St. Gothard, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.