- Mt. St. Gothard
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink First published state on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 3/4 × 17 1/4 inches (29.8 × 43.8 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 × 11 3/8 inches (21 × 28.9 cm), and Image: 7 × 10 1/4 inches (17.8 × 26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "9I"; lower right: "DVC VII"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "£l"; lower center: "Cotswold Gallery, 1924, ex. G.E.Blood"
Lettered above image: "M.S."; below image: "Drawn & Etchd by J.M.W.Turner Esqr. R.A.P.P. | Engraved by Chas. Turner | Mt. St. GOTHARD | London, Published Feby. 20 1808, by C. Turner, No. 50, Warren Street Fitzroy Square"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal | cliffs | mountains | rocks (landforms) | snow
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Mt. St. Gothard, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.