Reverend Zachariah Mudge, Prebend of Exeter
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, beige, laid paper
- 13 × 9 inches (33 × 22.9 cm) and 11 × 8 15/16 inches (27.9 × 22.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.5 P.248"
Lettered, lower left: "Reynols pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "Watson fecit."; lettered, lower center: "The Rev'd Mr. Zachariah Mudge, Prevend of Exeter &c.&c. | Sold by Ryland & Bryer at the Kings Arms Cornhill."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | contemplation | eyebrows | portrait | religious and mythological subject | robes | shadows | wig
- Associated People:
- Mudge, Zachariah (1694–1769), Church of England clergyman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Watson, 1740–1790, British, Reverend Zachariah Mudge, Prebend of Exeter, 1769
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.