Reverend Zachariah Mudge, Prebend of Exeter
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 13 × 9 inches (33 × 22.9 cm) and Image: 11 × 8 15/16 inches (27.9 × 22.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.5 P.248"
Lettered, lower left: "Reynols pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "Watson fecit."; lettered, lower center: "The Rev'd Mr. Zachariah Mudge, Prevend of Exeter &c.&c. | Sold by Ryland & Bryer at the Kings Arms Cornhill."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | contemplation | portrait | robes | shadows | wig
- Associated People:
- Mudge, Zachariah (1694–1769), Church of England clergyman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Watson, 1740–1790, British, Reverend Zachariah Mudge, Prebend of Exeter, 1769
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.