- Holy Island Cathedral
- Etching and mezzotint printed in brown ink, with graphite and scratching out Engraver's proof (b) on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 3/8 × 11 1/4 inches (21.3 × 28.6 cm) and Plate: 7 × 10 1/4 inches (17.8 × 26 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "JMWT"; lower center: "Touched proof | Taylor Coll"; lower right: "4840 LA £15"
Lettered above image: "A"; below image: "Drawn & Etchd by J.M.W.Turner Esqr. R.A.P.P. | Engraved by Chas.Turner | HOLY ISLAND CATHEDRAL. | London, Published Feby. 10, 1808, by C.Turner, No.50 Warren Street, Fitzroy Square.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural | cathedral | columns
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Holy Island Cathedral, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.