Holy Island Cathedral
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink First published state on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/8 × 16 1/8 inches (26.4 × 41 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 × 11 1/4 inches (21 × 28.6 cm), Image: 7 1/8 × 10 1/4 inches (18.1 × 26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "H. I"; lower right: "KVC V"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "Cotswold Gallery. 1924. ex G.E.Blood"
Blind embossed: "G.E. Blood" (Lugt 265c)
Lettered above image: "A"; below image: "Drawn & Etchd by J.M.W.Turner Esqr. R.A.P.P. | Engraved by Chas.Turner | HOLY ISLAND CATHEDRAL. | London, Published Feby. 20, 1808, by C.Turner, No.50 Warren Street, Fitzroy Square.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural | cathedral | columns
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Holy Island Cathedral, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.