- Admiral William Carnegie, 7th Earl of Northesk
- Etching and engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/16 × 8 11/16 inches (28.4 × 22.1 cm), Plate: 9 15/16 × 7 1/2 inches (25.2 × 19.1 cm), and Image: 9 × 7 1/4 inches (22.9 × 18.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.5.P.255"
Lettered, upper center: "Northesk"; lettered, lower left: "The Portrait by Edridge"; lettered, lower center: "the Embellishments designed by Edwd. Orme. | Published & Sold May 12, 1806, by Edwd. Orme, 59 Bond Street corner of Brook Street, London."; lettered, lower right: "J.Godby & J.Swaine sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Godby, active 1790–1820, British, Admiral William Carnegie, 7th Earl of Northesk, 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.