- The Drawing of the Clyde
- Etching printed in brown ink Engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 × 17 1/4 inches (29.5 × 43.8 cm), Plate: 8 1/8 × 11 3/8 inches (20.6 × 28.9 cm), and Image: 7 1/8 × 10 3/8 inches (18.1 × 26.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "F.18."; lower right: "1183. 6"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "R.18 Fall of the Clyde - Etching"
Scratched lettering below image: "Drawing 37 sln | 2.6 high | Cylde Possession of J.M.W.T"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, The Drawing of the Clyde, 1809
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.