- Don Carlo, Earl of Plymouth
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 13 1/4 × 9 15/16 inches (33.7 × 25.2 cm) and Image: 12 3/8 × 9 7/8 inches (31.4 × 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, upper center: "Charles Fitzroy, Earl of Plymouthcommonly called Don Carlos | was a natural son of Charles 2nd by Mrs. Catherine Peg, daughter of | Thos Peg, of the County of Derby, Esqr. This young nobleman, who | inherited his mother's beauty, died at Tangier, 17 Octr, 1680 He | married Bridget, daughter of the Lord treasurer Danby, who was | afterwards married to Dr. Bisse, late bishop of Hereford."
DON. CARLO. Earl of Plymouth."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
after ? John Smith, 1652–1743, British, Don Carlo, Earl of Plymouth, 1689
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.