- General John Leslie, 10th Earl of Rothes
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 20 × 13 7/8 inches (50.8 × 35.2 cm) and Image: 17 1/2 × 13 13/16 inches (44.5 × 35.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Vol.5 P.280"
Lettered, lower left: "J.Reynolds pinxt".; lettered, lower right: "J.McArdell fecit."; lettered, lower center: "JOHN Earl OF Rothes, LORD LESLIE and BAMBREIGH, | Knight of the Most Noble & Most Antient Order of the THISTLE. Lieutenant General, | Colonel of the Third Regt. of Foot Guards, and Commander in Chief of His Majesty's | FORCES in IRELAND."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James McArdell, ca. 1729–1765, Irish, General John Leslie, 10th Earl of Rothes, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.